This post will provide a more detailed explanation about setting up the schedule of your PushMon URL and when a ping is valid or not to keep the PushMon URL be in UP state.
We will not go over all possible schedules but this will at least give you an idea when to do a ping.
Schedule: “every day” – a ping must be done at least ONCE every 24 hours
- Anytime before 12 AM of the next day is a valid ping
Schedule: “every 6 hours” – checking will occur every 12 AM, 6 AM, 12 PM and 6 PM so a ping must be done before these checks.
- A ping at 11:30 PM is a valid ping for the 12 AM check.
- A ping at 12:02 AM is not valid for the 12 AM check, but it will be counted towards the 6 AM check.
Schedule: “every Fri-Sun” – the PushMon URL will only be checked every Friday, Saturday and Sunday .
- A single ping on Friday is valid.
- A ping on Tuesday is valid for the Friday check.
- A ping on Sunday is valid for the Friday check as well.
Schedule: “by 12:10 AM every day” – similar to “every day”, a ping must be done at least once every 24 hours. But this time, the checking will start at 12:10 AM
- A ping at 11:30 PM is valid.
- A ping at 12:15 AM is valid for the 12:10 AM check.
Note: “by 12:10 AM every minute” and “by 12:10 AM every hour” is not a valid schedule.
It will also accept minutes divisible of 10 or 5 — “by 12:22 AM” is not allowed.
Schedule: “by 2:00 PM every endOfMonth” – a ping must be done before 2:00 PM at the last day of the current month.
A ping anytime on the 16th is valid.
A ping at 2:05 PM at the end of month is not valid and it will count towards the next check.
Schedule: “every Tue within 1 hour” – the PushMon URL must be pinged 1 hour before 12 AM Tuesday check. Pings done earlier won’t count.
- A ping at 11:10 PM of Monday is valid.
- A ping at 11:58 PM of Monday is valid.
- A ping at 10:30 PM of Monday is not valid and it won’t count for anything.
- A ping at 12:05 PM of Tueday is also not valid.
Schedule: “every 3 hours within 2 hours” – the ping must be done 2 hours before the next 3rd hour check.
- A ping at 1:30 AM is valid for the 3 AM check.
- A ping at 5:00 PM is valid for the 6 PM check.
- A ping at 12:20 AM is not valid before it’s more than 2 hours before the 3 AM check.
Note: schedules “within n minutes” is allowed.
We hope that this post will help you use the PushMon service more efficiently.
You may always contact us should you require further assistance.
Thank you for using PushMon!